September 16, 2014

the way i make you feel


leadership is something that's been on my mind quite a bit lately. i'm not in a direct leadership role, but everyone is a leader in some way, shape, or form. if you're breathing, you're leading. you just may not be aware of who you're leading yet.

the way i see it, if i'm going to lead i might as well be good at it. that being said, a friend of mine sent me the image posted above a few months ago and it got me thinking about how i want to lead others and make them feel. Maya Angelou nailed it on the head when she said, 

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 

so, today i'm purposing to make people feel better after being in my presence or getting a call, text, note, or email from me. and as a side note, i'm also really thankful for a boss that is not a boss by the standards above, but rather a leader. y'all, i'm officially two weeks into the new job and i feel genuinely cared for and deeply valued. this heart is full. grin.

bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally

No comments: