October 4, 2013

the greatest day

birthdays are great for a lot of reasons. cupcakes. parties. and real mail. just to name a few. i've never been one to make a big fuss about my birthday, but as i've gotten older i've come to treasure the little parts of the annual hooplah.

being the quality time and words of affirmation girl that i am, i think birthdays are the greatest day of the year for the simple fact that i get to talk to all of my favorite people on the same day. the battery on my phone doesn't stand a chance. and while i've never been the best at receiving compliments, i somehow manage to make it through the day and i am nothing short of overwhelmed with gratitude and joy when it's all said and done.

love tank: full.

God is abundantly good. He saw fit to place an army of incredible people in my life and leave them there for more than a hot second. that alone is cause for celebration.

so far, year 27 has been off the charts. it may or may not have something to do with the fact that i'm typing this from good 'ol branson, mo but i'll leave that for you to decide. i'm hopeful that this will be my best year yet and i'll be able to look back and see His handprints in every area of my life.

here's to living this year for more than myself and to treasuring every moment along the way.

bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: