September 26, 2013

i didn't know i needed it

there are moments in life when you don't know what you need until you have it. i had one of those moments recently as one of my dearest friends blessed me in an unexpected way.

i sent what could be called an S.O.S. text to some of my closest friends and asked them to pray. mind you, i've texted this group many times before and they always rally so it wasn't odd for me to send a message like this. but this time, i didn't know how to put it into words. i just knew i had reached a new level of overwhelmed and needed their prayers and support more than ever. i knew they would pray. their track record is perfect.

but there's no way i could have anticipated the way they rallied to check in on me, encourage me, and remind me how much they care for me. it almost brings a girl to tears. almost.

fast forward to two days after that text. i answered a knock at my door (expecting my neighbor) and had a friendly man hand me these...


...to say i was surprised is an understatement.

the smile on my face was instant and lasted all day. you see, it wasn't my birthday, valentine's day, or even a friendly housewarming bouquet from my parents. it was a hug from my friend who would have been at my door in an instant if she wasn't busy moving her life across the country.

her thoughtfulness and timeliness blew me away. i was surprised, but not surprised at the same time. this is so very like her.

so while i didn't know i needed this little bouquet pick me up, it was exactly what i needed after all. kat, thank you for being a faithful friend who loves me well. i treasure you.

bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: