April 18, 2012

back in the "show me" state

this past weekend, i was back in the "show me" state. one of my many homes. kansas city, mo played host to hundreds of girls in spandex with hopes of a bid to nationals. and i was in the thick of it, naturally. i loved being back in mo. loved the constant sound of whistles and the sight of volleyballs bouncing like popcorn throughout the convention center.

but as much as i loved those things, i didn't love them nearly as much as i loved spending time with my adopted family and other close friends. i left a lot of my heart in mo when i left last april (as seen here), so it's always a treat to go back and visit. though i'll be the first to admit that it's not often enough. anyway, these are the faces i could barely wait to see and dreaded leaving once again. september can't come fast enough!

LB (y'all, she's only 15!!)

April (the laughter was constant)

 April and LB

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE!! Come back. We love you!

bekah brinkley said...

I booked a trip for Labor Day weekend, so I'll be in Branson this time. Not just KC. :)