November 3, 2011

a timely word

i skipped out on Bible study tonight (gasp, i know). put me on the naughty list if you must, but as i was doing my homework that i failed to do (i skipped bc i didn't do my homework and i wanted some "Jesus time" to get caught up), God smacked me between the eyes with a timely word of Truth for a very dear friend of mine. that's no coincidence. God is in the business of orchestrating moments like this ALL THE TIME. all we have to do is be open to His voice and obedient when we hear it.

don't mis-hear me and think that i'm hyper-spiritualizing my desire to skip on Bible study and have some Jesus time to myself tonight, but DO hear me saying that it's okay to do that and, in my case tonight, the Lord did it for a reason. i needed this time to slip away, undistracted, and hear His Truth not only for my life, but also for my friend's life.

you see, tomorrow is a really big day for her family and i can't be there. my heart is aching. i literally might not sleep tonight. i'm battling my own desire to storm in and take God's role in her life. to fix everything. i keep telling myself that the Lord will fight for her. He will work all things for her good. He's got this. i mean, He's God after all, right? anyway, as i was reading tonight, here's what i came across...

"Alas, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am too young." But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am too young.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. "They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 1:6-8, 19)

um, yeah. about that. i promptly picked up my phone and shot a few texts with those verses. God will not let her be overcome. He will rescue her. He will give her the words to speak. He is with her. He is for her. what comfort in the face of such daunting days ahead!! i pray she believes God to hold true to His promises and i pray that He will flood her with His peace and a quiet confidence in His hand at work in her life.

and tomorrow will be a day that i, too, have to rest in His plan for her family. i will fight for her in prayer, but ultimately, the battle is the Lord's. and He will work all things for her good. according to His plan. not hers or mine. 

soli deo gloria.

bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: