October 30, 2011

a glass of water


my mom's friend Judy passed this along to me via email, and i thought it was such a great reminder that i want to pass it along to y'all too. hope it hits home with some of you, too.

A young lady confidently walked around the room while reading and explaining stress management to an audience; with a raised glass of water, and everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, 'half empty or half full?'..... She fooled them all..., "How heavy is this glass of water?", she inquired with a smile.      
 
Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.    
 
She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem.  If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."  
 
She continued, "and that's the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on."    

it's time for me to hand over my glass of water to the Lord. let Him carry my burdens and bear the weight of each drop of worry and stress and planning. may i know Him as the one who bears my burdens.


bekah


live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: