"wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." -psalm 27:14
"the righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." -psalm 34:17-18
"the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." -james 5:16b
"in the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. we do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. and He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God." -romans 8:26-27
* * * * * *
this is just a quick post to ask each of you reading this to take 2 minutes and stop to pray for two very dear friends of mine, Brad and Jenny, who are fighting an uphill battle right now. they are in the process of adopting a precious little boy named Brody, but his birth father's family has decided to fight for custody. Brody's birth mom wants Brad and Jenny to have him because she knows it's best for him, but his dad has recently come forward and wants to fight for custody.
Brad and Jenny adore this little boy and i want so badly for them to keep him forever. God has been faithful in providing for them throughout this entire adoption process and His timing is perfect. it's not ours, but it's perfect. He has a plan for this little boy and for Brad and Jenny. and He wants all the glory no matter what the outcome. i just pray it's for them to be a unified family very soon.
please please please join me in praying for them.
- pray for the birth father to have a change of heart towards Brad and Jenny
- pray that he would see the Lord in Brad and Jenny
- pray for Brad and Jenny to be strengthened by the Lord and encouraged by His sovereign control each day
- pray for the birth mother to remain strong in her conviction to give Brody to Brad and Jenny
- pray for the birth mother to be encouraged and see the Lord's hand at work
- pray for the Lord's favor over the paperwork and technicalities that Brad and Jenny will be battling as they fight for their son
- pray for the authorities that are handling this case, that they might have wisdom and discernment to know what's best
here are some pics of this precious family. please please keep them in your prayers.
live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.