January 13, 2011

power of your mind

Beth Moore kicked off our first morning session and brought the Word. as i wrestle with what i want to do with my life and how i want to make it count, i fight the urge to pull the card that "i'm waiting for God to reveal His plan to me." there's an element of truth to that statement, but it also sounds like a lame and very passive excuse for fearful inactivity disguised as a hyper-spiritualized statement.

Beth took us to Romans 12 and highlighted the fact that it takes the renewing of the mind to know God's will.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will." romans 12:2

whatever God has called me to do is more than i can do. i need Him. and i need a mind that is not fixated on what the world defines or values as successful. i must take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 cor 10:5) and let no sin rule over me (psalm 119:133). to do what God has called me to do will take immense focus on Him. and Him alone.

"one thing i ask from the Lord, this only do i seek: that i may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple."  psalm 27:4

seeking the Lord like this will require me to be still. to shut off all distractions and ponder Him. i have to think past the obvious amazement and treasure these things in my heart (luke 2:18-19). it's entirely possible for me to multi-task my way past what the Lord wants to say to me. and unfortunately, i'm a pro at this. multi-tasking. i even pride myself in it. it's healthy to some degree, but not when it prevents me from encountering my Savior. when my busyness hinders me from creating time to fill my mind with the Truth of Scripture and remember the Lord's faithfulness in my life, i'm wrong and i need to re-evaluate.

i've hit that point. and i'm determined to make changes in 2011. i'm setting boundaries and prioritizing time to fill my mind with His Truth. i want God to blow my mind.

bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: