January 12, 2011

the motions

i stumbled across this song recently and it hasn't left my mind. my heart echoes exactly what matthew west says. i never want to simply go through the motions. i want to live with His all-consuming passion guiding my every step. every day. influencing my every decision. motivating me in times of uncertainty and fatigue. i want to passionately live for His name and renown every day.

matthew west: "the motions"

this might hurt. it’s not safe, but i know that i’ve gotta make a change.
i don’t care if i break. at least i’ll be feeling something.
cause just ok is not enough. help me fight through the nothingness of life.

i don’t wanna go through the motions. i don’t wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me.
i don’t wanna spend my whole life asking ‘what if i had given everything?’
instead of going through the motions.

no regrets. not this time. i’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind.
let Your love make me whole. i think i’m finally feeling something.

take me all the way. take me all the way. take me all the way.


live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: