December 31, 2010

day 31: core story

core story. what central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world?

my core story revolves around a man who gave His life for me. without Him, i wouldn't breathe. i wouldn't dream. i wouldn't have a purpose. my "about me" section expresses my mindset when i wake up each morning.


"i'm just a 24 year old on a mission. a mission to serve my King and offer my life as one continuous act of worship that honors Him. i am part of a bigger story unfolding around me and i want the world to know and encounter the joy i've found in serving my King. God does not exist to make a big deal out of me. i exist to make a big deal out of Him. my life is a broken sacrifice and i am ready and willing to follow wherever He leads me."


Christ died to give me the very life i live. His dying breath was my breath of life. i pray i never lose sight of His beautiful sacrifice and my disgusting need of His grace. i'm a sinner in need of a Savior. nothing i do is beautiful. or praiseworthy. or true. or right. or noble. or generous. or kind. i am a prideful, selfish, manipulative, self-seeking woman. but i'm saved by grace. and it's only by His grace that i can make a difference in this world. He invades my being and i become His hands, His voice, His feet, and His love to a world of filthy sinners just like me.


as i recognize my filth before my Maker, my only response is to humbly come into his holy presence with a renewed desire to make His name known among the nations. Christ and His work on the cross are at the center of all i do. without Him, i am nothing. and i do nothing.


bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: