December 27, 2010

day 27: ordinary joy

ordinary joy. our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. what was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?

again, i think i'm copping out, but oh well. i'm sitting here racking my brain trying to think of one moment that stands out, but all i come up with is a flood of moments. all of them revolve around a note, a card, a phone call, a text, an email, or some form of communication that contained a word of encouragement. the author may not have intended to speak my love language, but they did. short. long. well-crafted. jotted down. intentional. unintentional. either way, the words still echo in my mind.

receiving written or spoken words of encouragement (or affirmation) is one of life's greatest joys for me. this is not a shameless plug for everyone to go around tooting my horn by telling me i'm awesome. but it is a thank you to those of you who did speak or write encouraging words to me at some point this past year. it wasn't an easy one. and, if i did my math right, 2011 won't be any easier.

it's funny how i can recall specific comments and words well after they've been spoken. words are powerful. their echoes are endless. and i'm grateful to be surrounded by people who ephesians 4:29 me.

so, i think i owe a big fat thank you to all my friends, family members, teammates, players, roommates, co-workers, mentors, bosses, team parents, and strangers who blessed me with words of encouragement this year in one way or another.

ephesians 4:29,
bekah

live unashamedly. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.

No comments: