soul food. what did you eat this year that you will never forget? what went into your mouth & touched your soul?
if you know me at all, you know how much i love food. i know it's not a joking matter, but i've always said the Lord somehow protected me from every type of eating disorder. i love food too much to not eat on purpose. i hate to throw up and can't imagine doing it daily. and i'm too innately lazy to over-exercise myself into oblivion. that being said, i typically plan social gatherings around food. everyone has to eat, so why not kill two birds with one stone? (maybe that's just my pride in being as efficient as possible speaking up)
all that aside, i had some fabulous food in 2010. because i love food so much it's hard to pinpoint one meal as taste buds and swallows above the rest. but here are the few that come to mind first:
- fresh organic salads from Whole Foods & Earthfare are always a treat.
- mom's home-cooking is delicious.
- Melissa's wedding cake was smack my mama good.
- chips and salsa in Cabo was out of this world.
- homemade beignets with Kat was priceless.
- hummus and grilled pita bread at Bleu Olive is unmatched.
- icky at K-Wet is special.
- and free food always tastes good!!
my soul food from 2010 is the reservoir of memories and conversations i shared with people over the aforementioned meals (and numerous others). relationships are important to me and food has a way of bringing people together. i'm hoping for many more great meals in 2011, but i'm even more excited for the conversations and memories that will come as a result.
munching on my honey sesame sticks,
live unashamedly. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.