December 25, 2010

day 25: photo

photo. a present to yourself. sift through all the photos of you from the past year. choose one that best captures you, either who you are, or who you strive to be. find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. share the image. who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

well, since i'm a picture nazi and have more than my fair share of photos to "sift" through, i'm going to cheat on this prompt and use an old photo. i could be here all day if i wanted to "sift through all the photos of me from the past year." yeesh!!

i'm going back to one of my all-time favorite pics. being Christmas and all, family is at the forefront of my mind. yes, i'm incredibly incredibly blessed by the men and women i call my friends (and who choose to still be associated with me), but right now i can't help but think of how blessed i am to come from such a godly heritage. two parents and two sets of grandparents who love the Lord deeply and have lived purposeful lives that point to the gospel of His grace.

all that to say, i'm especially grateful for my pops. he sets the pace for the fam. the bar is high. he is a man of integrity, passion, commitment, intentionality, wisdom, and is just plain fun. but that's just a few.

the pic below is one of my favorites of dad because it was taken in Asheville at the base of Pisgah Mountain just before we made the fun hike to the top. not a long hike, but a fun one that makes you break a sweat. my beautiful NC mountains are in the background and my pops is next to me. God is good. (props to mom who managed to snap a pic that wasn't blurry or terribly off-centered...thanks to her for capturing such a fun moment!!). i wish our faces weren't so shadowed, but eh, life isn't perfect. and neither is this pic. love you dad!! i'm following your example as you follow the example of Christ (1 cor 11:1).


merry christmas from the mountains of western north carolina!!
bekah

live unashamedly. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.

No comments: