December 24, 2010

day 24: everything's ok

everything's ok. what was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? and how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?

my first response to this prompt is condescending. as if the prompter is waiting for me to award some "chance" encounter the "life-changing moment of the year award". maybe that's just my critical spirit seeping through. but that's how i felt when i first read it.

truth be told, i don't have a single moment i can recall from this year that made me feel like everything would be okay. i had numerous moments. big ones. small ones. defining ones. seemingly insignificant ones. yet each one was an encounter with my God. with the One who made me. who called me. who loves me. who pursues me. who waits for me. who leads me.

i continue to doubt and run. i try things my way. and i fail. yet He is faithful. He calms my anxious heart. He runs to me when all i can do is take a single step. He brings peace. i can rest. i know He is sovereign. every moment is under His control. not mine. everything will be more than okay. it will be far greater than i could ever ask or imagine.

"now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! amen." (ephesians 3:20)

merry christmas eve to everyone!

bekah


live unashamedly. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.

No comments: