December 23, 2010

day 23: new name

new name. let's meet again, for the first time. if you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why?

there are lots of fun names out there, but i think i'd still stick with mine for the day. it's unique. i can't buy pencils at Wal-Mart or keychains at the beach with my name on it. [for the record, my children won't be able to either. i'm going unique for them as well. however, they will not have names that are seasons, fruits, or other hollywood-esque trends.]

selfishly, i just like my name. and the way i spell it. i always get weird looks when i begin to correct someone as they misspell it on my coffee, receipt, name tag, etc. i enjoy telling people that my name is Rebekah...R-E-B-E-K-A-H & that it's the Biblical spelling. usually starts up a good convo or creates a fabulously awkward moment. love it. and i always tip extra if someone spells it correctly without my help (or by cheating off my credit card). so, given the chance to change for a day, i'd stick with what mom and pops gave me 24 years and some odd days ago.

Rebekah (variant of Rebecca)
origin: Hebrew
"captivating; servant of God; peacemaker; trustworthy; to tie or bind"


live unashamedly. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.

No comments: