December 15, 2010

day 15: five minutes

5 minutes. imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

here it goes, stream of consciousness style...

holidays with the fam. trips to Asheville. oh how i love the mountains of Western North Carolina! weddings galore. so fun to celebrate milestones with so many dear friends this year! my plunge back into the world of volleyball by coaching some fabulous 14 year olds that make me laugh more than i thought possible. and now the opportunity to play competitively again. that little white ball does good things for my soul. growth. not physical thankfully! spiritual growth. learning to make it in the big people world and learning to lean on the Lord in every uncertainty. fun memories with friends. adventures. i love travel and love when people come to visit. or when i can sneak away and visit them. i got to use my passport again and hit the beaches of Cabo with Tracy in May. it's always my goal to use my passport once a year. we'll see where 2011 takes me. re-connected with some old Carolina teammates and got to catch up on life. always a treat. i miss them so much that it's hard to put into words. there's just something about fighting through workouts alongside someone and wrestling through 4 tough years of life together that creates a bond few will ever understand. i love my tar heels. ram it.

so, as my time runs out...suffice it to say that the things i want to remember most from 2010 are the relationships that have been strengthened and deepened. i'm blessed each day by the people around me. here's to more challenges and reasons to celebrate in 2011!!

bekah


live unashamedly. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.

No comments: