December 14, 2010

day 14: appreciate

here's the reverb10 verdict: i'm jumping in on day 14 and not worrying about trying to "catch up". i'm behind in enough areas of my life. blogging doesn't need to be added to that list. sorry to disappoint. but enjoy the next 18 days of my blogging thoughts!

appreciate. what's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? how do you express gratitude for it?

friendships. godly women who speak Truth into my life on a consistent basis. who hold me accountable, challenge me, sharpen me, put me back in my place, encourage me, love me, laugh with me (or at me), serve alongside me, fight on my behalf in prayer, and just plain "do life" with me.

this phase of life for me right now is crazy. i'm over-committed, over-invested, and completely spent most of the time. [but that's another post for another day.] i don't always have a whole lot to offer in the way of expressing my gratitude and appreciation for these women, but because of that i've realized who is willing to extend grace and pick up my slack. it's not a forever thing. just for this season of life. but it certainly is refreshing to know that someone you care for deeply cares just as deeply for you and is willing to recognize your weaknesses and graciously step in.

these women are priceless to me. i lean on them daily and they always point me back to Christ when i lose focus. they are prayer warriors and women of unwavering conviction. battle buddies. and i know i'm biased, but i think they're some of the funniest women you'll ever meet. hands down.

my goal each week is to write one note/letter/email/etc. to thank someone or encourage them. these women fly under the radar and don't get thanked enough for the role they play in my life. i'm sure my sanity would have suffered a great deal without them being in my world. especially the past two years. i'm increasingly humbled by their consistency and their intimacy with the Lord.

so, to my battle buddies & prayer warriors: thanks for being in my world and picking up my slack. i love you.

beks


live unashamedly. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.

No comments: