November 22, 2010

battle wounds

well, as a follow-up to my last post, i thought i'd give you the recap on my weekend of volleyball.

i played in Winona, MO (aka "the sticks") on Saturday. $10 pay in & i won a free stay at a choice of resorts across the country. not bad. just need to make my reservation before they fill up!!

on Sunday i played in Republic, MO. $16.50 pay in & we got nothing for second place. sad. we lost 25-23, 25-23. i'm still a sore loser. not much has changed.

as far as the battle wounds department goes, i have some good ones to brag about:
  1. 1 busted a blood vessel in my hitting hand from Saturday...lovely bruise to show for it
  2. blister on my left achilles
  3. 2 large bruises on my right knee
  4. 3 bruises on my left knee
  5. 1 bruise on my right hip
  6. who knows how many knots in my shoulder blades
  7. and 1 pulled ab

not bad for two days of co-ed play. the pulled ab is by far the most painful. who knew you use your abs when you cough or sneeze?? woof.

but on that note, i hope everyone has a great thanksgiving. i'll be taking some much needed time off in the mountains all week and i'll be back in MO next Monday night.

bekah

live unashamedly. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.

No comments: