April 9, 2013

a moment-by-moment choice

to those of you who actually read this and aren't my mother, my deepest apologies for going off the radar for the last month. it has been one rollercoaster and loop-de-loop after another. and let's be honest, the bloggity blog takes the last seat in times like that.

my last month has been chock full of more emotion than i've experienced in pretty much....ever. there have been weddings, funerals, major life decisions, major life decisions re-visited. and on top of it, i'm preparing to move in 15 days and still don't know where i'll be living. about that...

all in all, God is good. i know His plans are good. i know His timing is good. better yet, it's perfect. i may not know much about a few things that are pressing in right now, but i do know this...

1: God is who He says He is
2: God can do what He says He can do
3: i am who God says i am
4: i can do all things through Christ
5: God's Word is alive and active in me

[for all of you Beth Moore students out there, that's some Believing God truth right there for you. most influential study i've ever done. ever.]

my devo this morning was another great reminder and i promptly posted it to facebook and twitter in case it would encourage anyone else.

"each moment you can choose to practice My Presence or to practice the presence of problems."

in light of much uncertainty in my life, i choose His presence. moment by moment, i choose to believe that He is in control. He knows when i will have the answers i so desire. He knows my fears, my hopes, my expectations, my desires. He knows, and He will provide. He never fails.

bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: