August 4, 2012

love what you do


Those are the faces of a few someones who love what they do.

There’s something special about watching someone do what they love to do. Maybe even what they were born to do. But it’s even more special when history is being made in the process.

I’ve admitted several times during the Olympics that I’m more hyped about watching women’s soccer than I am about watching beach or indoor volleyball. That says something, especially when you consider that Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh-Jennings are in final pursuit of some gold medal history of their own.

I know that I have a mildly obsessive personality and that's certainly the case with the Olympics. Although admittedly, I’m more than mildly obsessed with our US Women’s National Soccer Team. I’m a freak about them. I faithfully stalk the US Soccer website for new videos, articles, blogs, etc. And then I scour the web for more. It’s easy to get sucked in because it’s obvious that our US women love the game and love each other. A lot. That and they want another gold. Real bad.

But more than anything, I’ve fallen in love with the players and want to see them succeed every time they step onto the pitch.

[You like that? I’m even using soccer lingo now.]

There are some great players who love Jesus a lot and are loud and proud about it. And there are some great players who need Jesus a lot. And I can’t help but think that the Lord is doing something awesome on this team every single day. That excites me even more.

And let’s not forget how fabulous it is to have the world’s eyes on a women’s team. They’ve captured hearts and fans across the world. Well done.

On a side note: I don’t think I’ve ever been so confident in a team where I have no influence. I mean, even when they went down 2-0 against France within the first 15 minutes of the Olympic opener, I had no doubt they’d come back in style. And they did. 4-2 to be exact.

[There was a lot of fist pumping during that one. I fist pump every time they score. Don’t mock me.]

It’s weird how confident I am that they will maintain control and dominate each time they play. Maybe it’s because they’re just that good.

Gold or bust.

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: