August 29, 2011

quote of the week

"The Law says do. Grace says done.
The Law says try. Grace says trust.
The Law says behave. Grace says believe."
-David Jeremiah

my mom sent me that quote in a recent package and i love it. truth in a little nutshell. when i look at it like this, why in the world would i ever want to live by the Law instead of Grace? don't go all craz-o on me and think i'm going out to break every law established in america. that's not what i'm talking about. i'm talking about the Law that makes me slave to sin and works.

why don't i walk in grace each day? there's freedom in that people! why the heck do i fight it and beat myself up to live by the Law? dumb. really dumb. but i'm a fallen woman and every day i continue to breathe and stand upright on this earth i'll fight that battle.

here's to hoping and prying to walk by grace a little more often...

bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: