July 22, 2011

board of directors


everyone needs one. call it what you wish. but everyone needs one. one what, you may ask? a group of individuals who are in your world. who know you. who speak Truth into your life. who challenge you. who encourage you. who dream big dreams with and for you.

recently my roomie Becca also posted about this same topic on her blog. she just chose to call it a "tribe," whereas i call it my board of directors (all thanks to Trish Helsel's influence in my life).

i have been incredibly blessed to have a solid core of people around me for the past 5 years in particular. much credit to the Lord for using Kanakuk as a means for our lives to collide and friendships to grow. [side note: if i had $1 for every time i felt a twinge of gratitude for the K-world and everything it entails, i'd never work another day.]

i'd also love to build a city and have each of my BODs live there. we'd all be neighbors. and it would be awesome. i wouldn't be able to walk to the mailbox without being convicted and challenged about some part of my life. who i am today is due in large part to their willingness to offend me and put me in my place from time to time. their unconditional love and support is priceless to me and i'm incredibly blessed to have each one of them in my life.

"as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."
-proverbs 27:17

"that is, that you and i may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." -romans 1:12

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

1 comment:

Becca Christensen said...

Great minds think alike. : ]