May 1, 2011

i made it!!


...well, i made it to Tampa!! the sunshine and warmth greeted me (along with my two awesome parents who drove down from NC and my fabulous roomie Becca). so glad to have left the cold, dreary, rain in Missouri, but i definitely miss the quality people i left behind. i wouldn't mind if you all decided to come check on me. hint hint.


but like i said, i made it. however, my stuff didn't. the truck with all my stuff is in Texas. or at least it was on Friday when i talked to the driver. nevermind the fact that it was supposed to be in Tampa on Saturday morning. argh. luckily i at least packed my toothbrush, clean underwear, and a few other things in my car so i'll manage until the truck comes this weekend. the most frustrating part about all of it is that they weren't even going to let me know that it's coming a week late. i found out because i called to check in on the delivery window. nice surprise. woof.


there's not much i can do about it except bite my tongue (i'm still working on that) and wait until they show up with my stuff. i've been belittled, yelled at, ignored, and hung up on by the company, so i'm not really excited about them being part of my life for another week. but i suppose i can endure a few more insulting conversations if it means i get some answers on where exactly my things are and when exactly they plan on showing up at my house. hopefully friday night, but we'll see. i'll keep you posted.


new job training starts tomorrow morning. i'm excited. it'll be a new enough challenge to keep me on my toes, but not so new that i'm in over my head. or at least that's my impression thus far. all that could change, but i doubt it. if it's sink or swim, i choose swim. but somehow i don't think that's going to be an issue. i'm sure i'll have more to say on this as well, but for now...i'm signing off to go figure out what i'm going to wear (had to buy a few new pieces that are work appropriate since all my clothes are on the MIA moving truck).


love from Tampa!!


bekah


live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: