March 28, 2011

quote of the week

"one thing i know: the only ones among you who will be truly happy are those who have sought and found how to serve."
-albert schweitzer                  

this one is one of my all-time favorite quotes. i first encountered it in college when one of our athletic directors used it in a charge to the graduating senior student-athletes. it gripped me. because it's true. the weeks that go by where i am so consumed with my own life and what i need to be doing are some of the most miserable. but when i step back and take a look at the needs of those around me, my own chaos tends to diminish. and i encounter a joy unspeakable. i wouldn't trade it. i love making someone's day just a tad easier, brighter, happier, smoother, etc. even better when they don't know it was me. :)

hope you're all off to a great start to your week. challenge yourself to find a way to serve someone each day for the next 7 days. you'll be surprised how easy it is when it's on your mind.

bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.