October 21, 2010

mountains


there’s something inside of me that quiets down and finds rest when i’m in the mountains. i took a camping trip with some friends over the weekend and it was a blast. we laughed and told crazy stories as you would expect. and s’mores were definitely present as well.

it was a great chance to sneak away from the chaos of my world right now and sit and reflect for a little bit. mind you, i only sat on my little “perch” for about 15 minutes, but it was perfect. i felt at home again. the mountains refresh, restore, and calm the deepest parts of me. some people feel this way when they’re at the beach (eww sand!). the mountains just happen to be my safe haven of retreat.

there’s a lot going on in my life right now, so last weekend was much needed for me to begin processing everything. i’m sure another blog post will push its way out my fingertips before long. but for now, just be jealous of my time in the mountains and the great picture that a friend sneakily captured.

bekah

live unashamedly. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.

[disclaimer: mom, this looks way more dangerous than it actually was. there were plenty of nooks and crannies for my feet, which were adequately equipped with hiking shoes. and i'm actually sitting in a little dip perfectly sized for my rear end. no need to worry. i'm still alive. Mt. Pisgah was just a foretaste of my addiction to heights via hiking]

No comments: