June 19, 2011

my pops

"Father, make of me a crisis man. bring those I contact to decision. let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” -jim elliot

my father is one of those men. he exudes the power and grace of God in his life each day. he forces you to make a choice after meeting him. are you willing to continue living selfishly in sin, or are you going to choose to walk in grace as he has chosen? he speaks the Truth boldly and in love. he is a man of integrity. in fact, i think of him every time i hear the word.

dad is passionate. devoted. and he loves a good corny joke. you know, the kind that make you roll your eyes as a super cool peer-conscious teenager but make you guffaw with laughter once you outgrow the "cool" phase. he is loving, affectionate, and hands on. dad loves a good hug. he's also famous for asking the old "guess what" question and following it with an "i love you." that's my dad.

i'm incredibly blessed to have a man like my dad leading our family. he has set the bar high and continues to remain faithful to the Lord above all else. really, i could go on for days about my pops. he's just that awesome. 

here's a fun tidbit: his love language is cars. not necessarily buying them, but more in the sense of making sure our family's cars are well oiled, waxed, pristinely clean, and in tip top shape. i realized this long ago and decided that any time i could, i would give him the chance to show his love by working on my car. why deny him an opportunity? ;)

so, without further ado, here's a glimpse of just how awesome my pops is. i have been, and always will be, a daddy's girl. happy father's day dad!


throwback: picking apples at Mimi and Papa's house (one of my all-time fave pics of the two of us)

helping out at dad's annual Sports Outreach golf tourney


snow pics a few years ago

hiking Pisgah (our favorite) after church


enjoying the white christmas of 2010


celebrating a very rainy UNC graduation day


Carolina Football...and i'm still sweaty from practice. sick!

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: