June 30, 2011

morning commute

for a lot of americans, the morning commute to work can be a dreaded monster. living in a big city like tampa, i could very easily fall into this category. but, i'm incredibly blessed to only be 8 minutes from my office. 8 minutes. it's unbelievable.

i love my morning commute not only because it's so short, but also because it's the perfect amount of time to get my heart ready for the day and belt my favorite song at the top of my lungs. after attending Passion 2011 in atlanta last January, the song "waiting here for you" by christy nockels has become my anthem. it's about 6 minutes and i get chills whenever i hear it. (sometimes i feel sorry for the people next to me at the stoplights on my commute because they must think i'm nuts. if they're lucky, they have their windows down and get to listen and sing along.)

below is the live video of christy leading "waiting here for you" in worship at Passion 2011. it takes 6 minutes to watch. and it's powerful.

may we truly be a generation, a nation, that is waiting for you Lord.



live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: