June 21, 2011

home

well, today i have my first ever guest blogger! my good friend Dayna Huckabee emailed me last week and it hit me square in the face so i suggested she be a guest blogger and share it with y'all too. she is a woman of the Word and she is passionate about everything she commits her life and time to (the Lord and the Arkansas Razorbacks just to name a few). i'm honored to be her friend and i hope you'll read what she has to share.

* * * * * * * *

First let me tell you how blessed I am to have Bekah in my life.  She's been a friend that has loved me, prayed for me, and encouraged me the past 3 or so years and I am so thankful to have a solid, Godly woman that I can call my friend.

Almost 5 months ago, I lost my sweet Mom to cancer.  She battled the disease for a short 2 and a half months before God called her Home.  I'll be honest with you, this has rocked my world.  I've never felt so much pain or been so broken in my life before.  There have been so many emotions, questions, thoughts, and feelings that I've experienced the past 7 months but one thing has remained constant...GOD!!  I'm a broken mess right now, but God holds each and every piece of me in His hands and loves me enough to comfort me in my time of devastation.  I wanted to share just one of the many ways God has so graciously spoken to me recently.  My prayer is that you can be encouraged by this story and God's faithfulness to always provide what His children need exactly when they need it. 

 
I was with a few friends at the mall after church last Sunday and saw a towel with these words embroidered on it..."Home is where your Mom is."  At first glance, like everything else that reminds me of my Mom, I started to feel a void and intense pain creeping through.  But after a few seconds I really looked at the words and realized what God was saying to me in that moment...My Momma is HOME...not Texarkana (my hometown)...HEAVEN!  She is in my HOME...where I have been created to live for all eternity with Jesus, my sweet Momma, and the rest of my brothers and sisters in Christ.  

This is just one of the many ways God continues to provide me with a little piece of comfort in the midst of my brokenness.  I was reminded today that because of Christ's resurrection, we will one day LIVE at HOME as well.  I can often get caught up in this world and everything it "has to offer" but I'm so thankful for the reminders that this world and all of the pain and junk that comes with it is only temporary.  Jesus has prepared a place for us where we will live with Him forever.  I don't know about y'all, but I'm craving eternity more and more as each day passes.  BUT, while we are here, we have a purpose...we are God's plan to reach the world, individual by individual.  There is no "Plan B."

I sometimes wonder why I have to live on earth and experience so much pain, while there is a pain-free perfect eternity waiting on me.  Then, God in His infinite grace reminds me that my life is not my own and He never promised us a pain-free life.  Each day is not my own, yet given to me as a gift and with a purpose in hand.  The great news is He DID promise to love us and be with us always, no matter how hard life gets.  I can't help but think of Ephesians 3:17b-19 and the description of God's love covering ALL circumstances in our lives.  I also think about Romans 8:38-39 and how NOTHING in this world, not even the evil one, can separate us from the intense, passionate, infinite love of God.  Now, that is AMAZING!

As hard as life gets for us all, it's comforting to know we have a Father in Heaven who holds us in His arms and walks with us through the darkest valleys and the highest heights in our lives.  That is worth committing your life to.



live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: