June 10, 2011

the deuce

well, i have to admit, i feel weird. like i'm forgetting something. it took me a few days to figure it out, but i finally did...kanakuk. for the first time since 2006, i'm not in lampe, mo spending my days at k2 (aka "the deuce") in nike tempos, t-shirts, one-piece swimsuits, crazy costumes, and chacos. and it feels weird.


don't get me wrong, i love florida. life here is just what i needed. this is right. but that doesn't mean i don't miss what i'm so used to having. being anywhere but table rock lake in june is just wrong. or so it feels. if i had more allotted vacation days, i'd be back at k2 this summer for a little visit and awesomeness. but i don't, so here i sit in florida, missing the opening days of kamp. wah.


kanakuk has played such a huge role in my life over the past 5 years. huge. i've been stretched in ways i never would have imagined, and i've seen the Lord do some amazing work in the lives of kids and staff. God is good. and i'm blessed to say i was part of what God does through kanakuk. but, the time to cut the ties has come and now i'm forced to move on tough as it may be. 


so, in honor of my kamp nostalgia, here are a few pics of what i could be wearing right now if i were at k2. love me some lampe, mo. kanakuk forever has my loyalty and love. and someday it will have my kids.


neon day and ziplining in tutus with ash.

tanya and me posing as the next kiowa and kickapoo princi.

mexican party with Nat.

with delaney for some kickapoo competition.

pirate party with shay shay.

 
western party with my first-ever cabin. komo 13.


k-wild rappelling with sarah.

nancy, story, and sally with their prized liquid gold (aka bottled non-kamp water).


i love and miss me some kanakuk k2 in the summertime. be awesome, love jesus.

bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

mm girl preach... i miss it too. but new journeys are just as good (and sometimes if not better) than old ones. prayin for your time in FL!!! and... i'm honored i made the blog. i love that tutu. and that tie dye shirt. and really just that whole day was a blast. miss you beks!