May 31, 2011

quote of the week

"True elegance consists of saying all that should be said, and that only."
 -Francais de la Rochefoucauld      


"Never miss a good chance to shut up."
-Will Rogers                     


Both of these quotes are simple reminders to me to keep a tight rein on my tongue. It's a lesson I've been learning over the past few years and I will probably continue to learn it the rest of my life.


I want to be a woman who speaks with grace and love, but also speaks boldly when necessary. I want to be a woman of few words so that when I do speak, people listen. I want my words to carry weight. I really dislike when I can tell someone is just speaking to fill the silence or giving me "fluff" that really has no value. Here's to learning to speak a little more wisely. 


bekah


live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: