April 18, 2011

quote of the week

"you never really leave a place or person you love; part of them you take with you, leaving a part of yourself behind."
                       - anonymous             

i'm not sure if there's another quote that could describe the condition of my heart right now more so than this one. my level of excitement for life in a new city is matched equally by an aching sadness over leaving the people i've come to love and adore here in branson, ozark, and springfield.

if any of you readers out there want to send a moving gift my way, send it in the form of an airline voucher for a flight back to visit. my return trip won't come soon enough. i'd love to make it back at some point this summer, but that just doesn't seem very realistic right now. insert frown, crossed arms, and pouty lower lip.

but, in all seriousness, the community here will always have a piece of my heart. i may not adore branson itself, but i definitely adore the people here. kanakuk and springfield juniors volleyball club have a huge place in my heart forever.

bekah


live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: