January 9, 2011

isaiah 26:8

"yes, Lord, walking in the way of Your laws, we wait for You. Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."  -isaiah 26:8

that verse not only maintains a permanent residence on my windshield as a daily reminder, but it is also the vision for the Passion movement. i love having those words before me as i drive to work every morning, as i run my errands around town, and as i return home each night. it's a constant reminder to make sure my actions are always centered on echoing the name of Jesus to the world.

my four days in Atlanta for the Passion conference were a time for me to step back and evaulate the priorities in my life. to check my motives. to set goals and create a plan to get me where i want to be. your 20s are a very decisive time of life. for starters, you graduate from college, get your first job, and start thinking about things like budgeting, investing, marriage, building a career, and making the most of your time before "settling down". lots of maturing happens in your 20s. at least it has for me. and i'm only 4 years in. who knows what the next 5 or 6 hold?

over the next few posts, i'll share with you what impacted me the most as each speaker humbly brought the Truth of Scripture to our attention. i'm still processing through all the Lord is teaching me because a lot was unpacked in a short time. this makes me especially grateful for the Holy Spirit's work of guiding me into all Truth (john 16:13; 1 cor 12:9).

Bekah

live unashamedly :: laugh uncontrollably :: love unconditionally.

No comments: