August 29, 2008

i'm ready

welcome to my blog! i'm excited to share my journey through the next year with you. i know God has a lot to teach me and i can't wait to get started!

i thought for starters i should explain the meaning behind the title of my blog. i read a book this summer called rules of the red rubber ball. it's really more of a question-asking, thought-provoking book, with pictures thrown in, but i loved it. the point of the book is to inspire you to use your gifts, passions, and creativity to pursue your dreams and maximize your potential. the author (kevin carroll) harkens back to his childhood years on the playground where he tirelessly played games and chased red rubber balls around the schoolyard. by translating this analogy into adulthood, he encourages his readers to identify their red rubber ball--that one thing they've always dreamed of doing--and then chase it wholeheartedly.

something about that analogy stuck with me. i'm not exactly sure what my red rubber ball is yet. right now i have too many ideas bouncing around to settle on one. i know i'm at a point in my life where the options are endless, so i know this year will be one full of decisions and lots of prayer. i'm excited to see where i go from here and i'm thankful that each of you will be here for the journey. thanks for your countless prayers and words of encouragement. i'm blessed to have each of you in my life and i can't wait to share my experience this year at the Institute with you.

so the world may know,
bekah <><


live for Jesus. laugh uncontrollably. love unconditionally.

No comments: